Club Crush Red
Our most popular wine club! Club Crush Red members will get six shipments of two wines throughout the year. Shipments will be made every other month and can be picked up at The Wine Crush or shipped. Shipments typically range from $65 – $85 per shipment combined cost for both bottles. Members can be sure they will receive brilliant reds from all over the world and will see the diversity offered by different varietals as well as what can be created through diverse winemaking methods. See below for a list of past Club Crush wines.
(August 2017 #4)
Tasting Notes: Trespasser is always a savory, spice-loaded wine that highlights a beautiful marriage of Petite Sirah and Mourvedre, two varieties that play wonderfully together. Syrah and Grenache play important background roles in the blend, adding structure and brightness. We use higher proportions of whole clusters in Trespasser than any other wine, which lend exotic aromatics, firm tannins, and awesome spice. The nose just screams of licorice and anise seed, along with black pepper, warm leather, and dried blueberries. The palate is full and round, the Mourvedre peaking through to add savory nuance to the huge blue and black fruits, pipe tobacco, charred meat, and toasted marshmallow notes. The finish is long and proud, with a round mid-palate, chalky tannins, and gorgeous fruit. Drink 2017-2025+.
Composition: 62% Petite Sirah, 18% Mourvedre, 15% Syrah, 5% Grenache
Production: 278 cases
Food Pairing: Smoky Turkey Chili
SAMSARA WINE COMPANY
SANTA BARBARA COUNTY
Tasting Notes: Ripe red berries, licorice, rose and potpourri on the lively, mineral-accented nose, with suave floral and allspice qualities adding complexity. Juicy raspberry and classic cherry flavors show excellent precision and vivacity, with a hint of white pepper. Asian spice nuances come up on the clean, tightly focused finish, which is given shape by silky, even tannins.
Composition: 100% Grenache
Production: 170 cases
Food Pairing: Smoked Paprika Rubbed Steaks with Valdeon Butter
- June 2017 (Shipment #3)
- April 2017 (Shipment #2)
- February 2017 (Shipment #1)
- December 2016 (Shipment #6)
feel free to call us!
- Minimum 10% savings every time you shop at The Wine Crush
- Up to 30% discount on re-orders of wine club wines
- Special offerings on highly-allocated wines
- On full case orders, a 15% discount
- 50% off on all shipping charges
- Free corkage at some of Long Beach’s finest restaurants (20+ and growing)
- Option to save on shipping and pick up club wines at The Wine Crush
- A 25% discount on wine tastings
- Invitation to “members only” tastings
- Priority for all special events, including winemaker events
- Discounts to host private affairs in our tasting garden!