Club Crush Red
Our most popular wine club! Club Crush Red members will get six shipments of two wines throughout the year. Shipments will be made every other month and can be picked up at The Wine Crush or shipped. Shipments typically range from $65 – $85 per shipment combined cost for both bottles. Members can be sure they will receive brilliant reds from all over the world and will see the diversity offered by different varietals as well as what can be created through diverse winemaking methods. See below for a list of past Club Crush wines.
(December 2018 #6)
Tasting Notes: Grown primarily in the cool-climate Coombsville appellation of the Napa Valley, the 2014 Headwaters is a vibrant, richly layered wine. Proximity to the San Pablo Bay imparts spicy aromatic and flavor complexities, while the gravel and volcanic-rock strewn soils contribute to the mineral notes that roll on the palate and finish. A focused purity of gorgeous red and blue fruits infuse a core of currant and pomegranate flavors. This is an elegant wine that despite its early approachability will continue to reveal additional complexities for the next five to seven years.
Composition: 56% Cabernet Sauvignon, 33% Merlot, 11% Petit Verdot
Production: 1,467 cases
Food Pairing: Bison Burgers
Tasting Notes: Dark purple, almost inky in the glass, 2014 Glacial is filled with blackberry, peppercorn, and olive tapenade. The Syrah component brings meaty/sanguine weight along with classic garrigue – Grenache provides lifted cherry and plum – Mourvedre adds additional structure and knits each flavor together.
Composition: 52% Syrah, 26% Mourvedre, 22% Grenache
Production: 650 cases
Food Pairing: Strip Steak with Arugula Pesto
- October 2018 (Shipment #5)
- August 2018 (Shipment #4)
- June 2018 (Shipment #3)
- April 2018 (Shipment #2)
- February 2018 (Shipment #1)
- December 2017 (Shipment #6)
feel free to call us!
- Minimum 10% savings every time you shop at The Wine Crush
- Up to 30% discount on re-orders of wine club wines
- Special offerings on highly-allocated wines
- On full case orders, a 15% discount
- 50% off on all shipping charges
- Free corkage at some of Long Beach’s finest restaurants (20+ and growing)
- Option to save on shipping and pick up club wines at The Wine Crush
- A 25% discount on wine tastings
- Invitation to “members only” tastings
- Priority for all special events, including winemaker events
- Discounts to host private affairs in our tasting garden!