Club Crush Cabernet
Club Crush Cabernet members will get six shipments of two wines throughout the year. Shipments will be made every other month and can be picked up at The Wine Crush or shipped. Shipments typically range from $90 – $130 per shipment combined cost for both bottles. Members can be sure they will receive brilliant Cabernets and Cabernet Blends from all over the world and will see the diversity offered by Cabernet Sauvignon as well as what can be created through diverse winemaking methods. See below for a list of past Club Crush wines.
(February 2018 #1)
Tasting Notes: The 2014 Arietta Quartet shows energy, brightness, and core strength. Its vibrant red-purple hue and remarkable density reveal the wine’s inherent power. It is aromatically fresh and expressive, while still maintaining a precision and focus. Red cherry, raspberry, and just-picked blackberry are at the forefront when the wine is first poured. Notes of black licorice, cinnamon, and dark chocolate mark the palate, along with red and black fruit flavors. The vintage is evident in the wine’s generous acidity, which punctuates the many layers of fruit and spice in the wine, and adds to its overall structure and ageablity. This Quartet, while certainly very enjoyable now, will age for 15-20 years.
Composition: 46% Cabernet Sauvignon, 37% Merlot, 13% Cabernet Franc, 4% Petit Verdot
Production: 1,256 Cases
Food Pairing: Beef Stir Fry with Fresh and Pickled Ginger
Tasting Notes: The Cabernet Franc from the slopes of the Moon Mountain appellation, has a distinctively deep violet hue and opaque core. Dulcet aromas of vanilla bean, ripe Brooks cherry, wild blueberry, thyme, and sage emerge from the glass, setting the stage for the vibrant palate to follow. Polished layers of juicy fraise des bois, raspberry, and red currant are accented by notes of sea salt, sage, and lavender. Firm tannins and vibrant acidity establish structure, evident throughout the wine’s long, silky finish.
Composition: 88% Cabernet Franc, 12% Cabernet Sauvignon
Production: 364 Cases
Food Pairing: Seared Tri-Tip Steak with Asian Black Bean Rice Cakes
- December 2017 (Shipment #6)
- October 2017 (Shipment #5)
- August 2017 (Shipment #4)
- June 2017 (Shipment #3)
- April 2017 (Shipment #2)
- February 2017 (Shipment #1)
feel free to call us!
- Minimum 10% savings every time you shop at The Wine Crush
- Up to 30% discount on re-orders of wine club wines
- Special offerings on highly-allocated wines
- On full case orders, a 15% discount
- 50% off on all shipping charges
- Free corkage at some of Long Beach’s finest restaurants (20+ and growing)
- Option to save on shipping and pick up club wines at The Wine Crush
- A 25% discount on wine tastings
- Invitation to “members only” tastings
- Priority for all special events, including winemaker events
- Discounts to host private affairs in our tasting garden!