Club Crush Pinot
Pinot Noir Club members will receive 6 annual shipments of two different bottles of wonderful Pinot Noir. Shipments in the Pinot Noir Club range from $75-$100 per shipment. Every other month Wine Crush staff members will hand select two Pinots from wineries from around the world that will showcase this extremely temperamental grape. Few grapes convey the terroir in which they are born like a good Pinot Noir, so join today and find out exactly what Burgundy, Oregon, New Zealand, and California have to offer.
Current Shipment (January 2018 #1)
Tasting Notes: From the inception of our winery we have believed that blending Pinot Noir from diverse vineyard blocks and sites would create a whole greater than the sum of its parts. Wines from the warmer parts of the SRH provide dramatic fruits and baking spices, wines from the cooler portions provide, higher toned red fruits, fresh herbs, minerals and great acidity. In 2015 we blended grapes from 6 different vineyards to make this wine sing the song of the Santa Rita Hills – beautifully pure, fairly rich red fruits, excellent spices and big but beautiful structure. We carefully age the wines on their lees to limit movement and retain freshness and energy. In 2015 the wine was comprised of grapes from Radian (41%), Fiddlestix (30%), John Sebastiano (15%), La Encantada,(7%), Cargasacchi (4%), Duvarita (4%). The wine was aged for 15 months in French oak barrels (10% new), and is displaying excellent power and concentration.
Production: 650 cases
Food Pairing: Salmon with Mushroom Sauce
RELIC WINE CELLARS
2014 “KASHAYA” PINOT NOIR
FORT ROSS-SEAVIEW, SONOMA COAST
Tasting Notes: Great aromatics, freshness amidst ripeness and elegant textures. The ‘14 is a little more restrained than the ‘13 with a slightly greater quantity of very fine tannins, more forest floor and oolong tea and more spice to balance the exuberant fruit. Still, the site is present; the clones 115 and Old Wente providing the Yin to each other’s Yang.
Production: 370 cases
Food Pairing: Lamb Stew with Root Vegetables
- November 2017 (Shipment #6)
- September 2017 (Shipment #5)
- July 2017 (Shipment #4)
- May 2017 (Shipment #3)
- March 2017 (Shipment #2)
- January 2017 (Shipment #1)
feel free to call us!
- Minimum 10% savings every time you shop at The Wine Crush
- Up to 30% discount on re-orders of wine club wines
- Special offerings on highly-allocated wines
- On full case orders, a 15% discount
- 50% off on all shipping charges
- Free corkage at some of Long Beach’s finest restaurants (20+ and growing)
- Option to save on shipping and pick up club wines at The Wine Crush
- A 25% discount on wine tastings
- Invitation to “members only” tastings
- Priority for all special events, including winemaker events
- Discounts to host private affairs in our tasting garden!